Skip to main content

What do you guys suggest as a decent replacement for the rubber tubing spacers on the M55? Anything "off the shelf" at the hardware, auto-supply store? Anyone use silicone tube? What about size? This work is overdue, many of these are splitting or have become hard and brittle. And while I'm at it, I should probably replace the cord... suggestions?


tedwolff Fri, 03/22/2013 - 21:45

I use sugical tubing available at medical supply stores, maybe even drug stores. It's not black in color, but is easy to cut and work with. I've used it for years.

I replace the chord with nylon clothesline available at hardware stores. You can get it in just the diameter you need. It's cheap too!

Randy_Sutin Sat, 03/23/2013 - 07:32

In reply to by tedwolff

If you look back through posts here on Vibesworkshop, you will even find specs for what sized O rings you need to buy for drive belts. I have never needed a fastener, screw, cable, hose, etc. that I couldn't get from them. They have vacuum tubing with soft sides that works for spacers and other that is harder that is great to use on the cables for the accidentals.

One stop shopping. And, if there is anything you need fixed up around the house... good to go.


bob leatherbarrow Sat, 03/23/2013 - 18:45

Great suggestions Ted and Randy. I think the strongest stuff to string the bars with (and it's what Musser and Yamaha use) is parachute cord. Army/Navy surplus stores have it - Gary, for us in Los Angeles, go to the one on Van Nuys Blvd. across from the court - they always have it, and a 50' pack of it is enough to do an M55 twice for a couple of bucks. It comes in black and army green- cheers