**Help** Practicing away from the Vibes
I am looking for suggestions for "practicing" away from the vibes. i.e. sitting on a plane, or in a hotel room. I will be traveling a ton on business after the holidays. I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to share and I'd like to get feedback or suggestions.
1) Memorize tunes. I am now making some 3X5 notecards, the name of the tune on one side the chords, key and modes on the other (e.g. II, V, I)
2) Buy a SMALL cheapo USB keyboard and work on scales etc. (it needs to fit in carry-on luggage) By the way does anybody know a USB card that will help the MIDI latency for a keyboard on a laptop? and/or that would help if I tried to transpose tunes using said cheapo keyboard.
3) LISTEN! -- Charge up the IPod!!
4) Any suggestions for Mallet Technique that I can practice on a hotel sofa, coffee table, or the head of the dude who keeps slamming his plane seat into my knees?
5) Program tunes into Band in a Box
6) Get Nico to build a vibe that works like George Jetson's car. (For those of you not old enough, he pushes a button and his car folds up into a briefcase)