M55 for sale
... ..... ... .... ....
I have a beautiful 7-year-old M55 vibraphone for sale.
I'm taking an extended trip to Australia and would like to purchase a more portable instrument (Malletkat) and can't afford both instruments. My vibes have been greatly loved and will be dearly missed. My location is Abbotsford, BC, Canada. Below I have included the text of my advertisement, but for pictures and a sound sample please email me at email@example.com.
Musser 55 For Sale
I have a beautiful Musser 55 vibraphone for sale. I am asking $3500 CA.
- bought new December 2004 from a music store in Iowa
- fully working motor (plus extra rubber belt)
- A442 tuning
- beautiful warm sound
- shiny, well cared for bars
- neoprene washers in all "metal on metal" areas
- original cover and roll-up bar cases
- can completely disassemble in 15 minutes (at least, that's my record)
- original manual included
- current location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- in excellent condition with normal wear
- slight wear on wheels and wheel casings
- the tip of the smallest "black key" resonator warped and paint chipped off
- 1 very light scratch on the bottom of the C bar
- last year it took a fall on it's side. There was some damage to the frame but was promptly repaired. I've played it regularly since and have noticed no effect on it's playability or tone.
This is one of the most widely used acoustic vibraphones among professionals with arguably the warmest sound on the vibraphone market. Even Don Thompson calls me up when he's in town to see if he can borrow it for his gigs.
Reasons for selling:
As I am planning a trip to Australia I am considering more portable electronic mallet alternatives. However, upon my reentry back into the country, I have intentions on re-purchasing this exact instrument; it's really like no other.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. For a better idea of this instrument's sound please email me (keep in mind that the quality is that of my mac built-in microphone).
Great care has been used in the transportation and playing of this instrument. It's been well loved, and will be greatly missed. Hope to hear from you soon,