Skip to main content

Hi Toni,

Any suggestions on which is the best way to move a MUSSER M55 on a plane ?

Thanks.

Comments

Redders Wed, 08/31/2011 - 17:44

For moving an M55 safely by air I would imagine you would need a pretty large and expensive padded case.

You probably know this already but the M48 is a much better prospect for moving around by air due to it breaking down into smaller parts.

I'm always wary of moving instruments by air, the baggage handlers seem to delight in throwing cases up in the air and seeing them clatter down even when it would be less effort for them to just place them on their trolleys. I have seen plenty of instruments come out of baggage holds squashed or dented. Best of luck!

vibraman Thu, 09/01/2011 - 01:48

In reply to by Redders

i got cases for the m55 by musser when i bought mine 2nd hand.they used them when they shipped it to germany. those cases are so damn heavy you can´t carry any of them alone.the good point about that i don´t think anyone can "throw" this cases anywhere. but for giging they are very very unpractical, and i got some soft bags made by a german company.

since i never need to take my m55 on a plane yet, those cases are stored in the cellar and never used again since i bought it...

tarik

tonymiceli Wed, 08/31/2011 - 20:55

you need an m48. gary has talked about this at length. the m55 is too big. they could take it but they also could turn it down. ON EITHER end of the trip.

do you have a 48?? then you'd get gary's case man to make you flight cases and they're just extra luggage. weigh less than 50 pounds each bag. then take bars as carry on.

i don't remember where those posts are. but we really got into all this.

Forums